Thursday, August 18, 2011

Post Op Day 8 Koda Walking

Today is the end of hump day. Two more days of work, and I can be at home with Koda this weekend. I've got to admit, I'm starting to (actually I have been for a while but it comes in waves) really miss our life. I miss getting up and running every morning. I miss being out with him for two hours in the evening, jogging, hiking, being up in the hills, or at a dog park. I miss our life. I miss taking him places and visiting friends and family. I miss just being out with him. It feels like we're both locked up in the house, like we're grounded. Some days it's depressing, some days it's isolating, some days I just can't wait for it to be six months later. Today is one of those days. I wish I had a time machine, and we were passed all of this. There's my personal rant this evening.

Koda's still doing well. He was putting weight on the leg again today. He may have hopped a bit more than yesterday, but pretty much it's the same. I was able to get a couple of short videos of him. You'll always have to excuse the quality. It's me following him around while worrying that he may try and just take off because I dropped the leash.

Here's Koda walking today. Side note, Koda is a black brindle. You can really see his blonde on his shaved bootie.

This one is not a good shot of him walking, but Koda always has a happy tail when I talk to him. I love this kid.

Koda does this kick thing. It freaks me out a bit. I hope his leg is not hurting him. I hope he doesn't hurt his leg doing this. Would I be a complete nut if I brought my camera to show the surgeon this on Tuesday? Yeah probably, but I might still.
6 more days until the stitches are out!!! Oh, and Koda still has not pooped. I'm calling the vet tomorrow. This kid needs a laxative!

1 comment:

  1. Tara, he's making great progress! You should be very proud of your boy. I'sa long slow road, but you've got a great start. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete