Monday, August 22, 2011

The Last Night of Koda's Stitches

My first milestone is almost here. In 13 hours Koda will get his stitches out. I am so excited for him. Here's one last pic! Tomorrow they will become a distant memory.

The top got a little red the last couple of days, but that's going down. He's definitely ready for tomorrow.


I can't tell you how good he's been. He's really such a good dog. He hasn't tried to touch his stitches since I told him to "leave it." He is calm in the house, and is tolerating the expen. I hope that tomorrow the surgeon says he can have a little more freedom. Even though that also scares me. I feel like everything has gone so well so far. I don't want to do anything that could set him back from healing. We are officially two weeks closer to Koda being all better. I am praying that this is the last time he ever has to have stitches. I'm praying that the other knee holds up and this was all a fluke.

My other news is that Koda has lost 3 1/2 pds. and I gained it. He really didn't have any room to lose weight. He's too thin right now. His Ruffwear is even too big on him. He's been wearing that harness since he was 9 months old, and now even on the smallest setting he's too skinny for it. I need to figure out how to get a little bit of weight on him. I'll be happy when we can start to get some muscle back on him. In time, I just need to stay patient. This is all really testing me though.

Tomorrow the stitches are gone!!! Woo hoo!!

No comments:

Post a Comment