Saturday, August 13, 2011

Hooray We Got Some Sleep!!!

I can't tell you how happy I am that I finally got some sleep last night. Koda only woke up once and it was for just a minute. I did break the rules though to get it done. I gave Koda his meds last night and allowed him to fall asleep at my feet by the couch. He didn't try and walk around the house or anything. He just laid there. Then I took him into our bedroom and he started getting anxious. He really wants to be in bed with me. I put him up there and just watched tv for a couple of hours. I was exhausted, but I wanted to give him that time to just lay next to me to keep him calm. And I was scared to get up for fear that he'd jump down and try and follow me. But he was completely passed out. I then carried him to his crate, but I left the door open. The Prince has never been one to jump on furniture. I sometimes wonder if he can. I knew he wouldn't jump on the bed and he would stay on the floor. He slept like a baby almost all night. I heard him squirming around about 2 am, but I told him to go ni-ni and he went right back to sleep.

The calm night also led us into a calm morning. We got up and I gave him his morning belly rubs. Then we went outside and he went potty. He's starting to toe touch, but just barely. He can get out to the grass, but won't try and walk back. I have to carry him. This is probably Koda's way of just not wanting to go back in though. I let him eat his breakfast at his bowls in the kitchen, and then put him into the expen for the day. He's really calm. The only thing that started bothering him was his butt rash. I doused him again with some A&D and he's now fast asleep. Good Koda!! Keep sleeping son. It's what will heal you.

I took a funny video of Koda trying to bury his food in his expen last night. I think he feels a bit nauseous from all the meds. I've never seen him do anything like this before. I guess he was done.

I took a pic of Koda's stitches. They're looking better today. It's good to see a progression. The top now is not bleeding, and you can see the middle part really starting to heal. Lookin' good!

I spoke too soon. The beast is up. Time for some belly rubs.

10 more days and Koda's stitches are out!!

No comments:

Post a Comment