Tuesday, September 13, 2011

5 Weeks Post Op Today!

Life has been so busy. I swore that I would keep the blog up, but everything has just been so busy, and honestly maybe it's a good thing that I haven't felt like blogging. It means that Koda's recovery has been somewhat uneventful.

He's doing great. We are going to physical therapy weekly. He gets a cold laser treatment and then goes into the water treadmill. He's putting about 45:55 percent ratio on the legs now with just a slight drag on his operated leg. He looks great. He's putting his weight back on, and his muscle is starting to come back. It's truly been amazing to watch him heal so fast.

I had my mom take a video of his last physical therapy session on the treadmill. It was a little bit of a fail because I haven't cleaned off my memory card in my camera in a long time. The video cuts off about a minute into the walking, but you get a good look at how it all starts out.

The goal was four minutes, but Koda did five without any lagging on that leg! If it were up to him he would've kept going. And yes we bribe him with cheese.

3 more weeks and Koda goes in for his post-op xrays. I really do hope that we are able to start getting out of the house together!

No comments:

Post a Comment